7/22/2006

jot down on paper

Whenever I watch movies that involve's a character who is a novel writer, or a newspaper colomnist, or an author...I get the urge to follow in their scripted footsteps and write myself.

It's not that I have anything particularly interesting to say, it's just that I like the idea of seeing my thoughts in real life. I like knowing that I somehow manage to convey and even organize my thoughts into poetry or a rambling display of paragraphs dealing with something about life. I also like knowing that some other person in this world might actually come across my thoughts and leave their own opinion of what I've just sounded off about.

I do have a lot of theories, and if you hang around me for, at the minimum, an hour, I'm sure you'll come face-to-face with one of them. I'll probably be trying to convince you that my theories are in fact truth. They might be on religion, theology, social practices, relationships, the way people act when they don't know they are being watched and analyzed, or any other facet of my so-called-life.

In my disposition of having a lot of theories, I usually have the urge to "jot them down on paper" as to not forget about them, fearing that in the future I might have to try and conjur them up again to, once again, prove their truthfullness. And since I really don't like the physical feeling of picking up a pen and actually "jotting them down on paper" I choose this venue as my avenue. See, on paper, I would have never written "venue and avenue" in the same sentence. Also, I don't think I have really good handwriting, so if I did start using a pen instead of a keyboard I would probably get self-conscious about my handwriting and how crappy and childish it looks, right in the middle of an obvious self-conscious thought or feeling that I am choosing to convey on paper.

So you see, it's a vicious cycle. I want to write, I want to share everything that's inside of me and that I think the world may benefit from reading, but in the end, I just end up writing about how I wish I had the guts to truly jot down what I feel. And, what you are now reading is the result of that previously stated cycle.

My friend and I are thinking about starting our own blog community. Well, essentially all that it is right now is just a couple of guys who like to write and share their heart and their opinions (and their theories) and who are wanting other people to listen and share their opinions about our opinions. Once we finally get it going, I'll be sure to post it here so all of you can go and read yet another blog of someone who is ranting and raving about life...silently hoping that they aren't alone. Because, in the end, that's what blogging is all about. It's about not being alone.

That's why every blog, or social site, or xanga, or anything like that, has the option for people to leave "comments" or "kudos" or "eprops..." People want to know that they are not alone, and the only way they can feel that is by visiting their blog everyday, hoping and praying that someone else had been there, read what they had to say, and hopefully....left a little post-it note acknowledging their visit.

So, big empty void out there, if you've read this, let me know.
I don't want to feel alone.

Comments:
Oh Bobo you're not alone. I love you so much! We are thinking of having our own blog so people can come and see what Mikah is up to. Any artistic suggestions on what our name should be? Think about it and get back to me. I love you@!

Traci
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]